Tuesday 24 September 2013

Term 3 Reflection

Term 3 has been interesting.

After we were at the Marae I decided to take a few of the things that we discussed and try them in my classroom. Some were great - mixed ability group activities combined with independent activities for when they are not in a group with me. Others didn't work so well - but I can say I tried and that they didn't fit my class.

I am beginning to see more progress in the class around restorative practice. My class are familiar with circle time both as an interactive learning time and a place to solve problems. We have been working through Stop Think Do and are becoming more aware of other ways to solve problems.

This term has been a difficult term for me personally but I have worked hard to leave it at the door and give my class the best of me as that is what they need and deserve.

I am looking forward to starting next term fresh with some new approaches to planning, teaching and assessment. Bring on Term 4!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lorelei
    Great to hear that you are trialing new ideas we expose you to! I guess the challenge is to never give up on the systems that maintain essential class room routines, whilst trialing new ideas and processes. Good on you for being resilient under duress! It is always hard when our personal circumstances sit in the back of our minds. However, it is another opportunity for you to model resilience to your class, even though they may not know the details!

    ReplyDelete